School uniforms are worn by students in Kindergarten through Grade 8 beginning the first day of school. Students are required to arrive and leave school in complete uniform and remain in complete uniform throughout the day. Parents are encouraged to contact the school if clarification of any element of the dress code is necessary. To avoid loss of clothing, parents assist their children to label sweaters, sweatshirts, outer wear clearly with name and grade.
Vendors: Uniforms can be purchased through Dennis Uniforms or Lands' End.
School Code: BT00MS
Retail Store: 1110C North Rolling Road, Catonsville, MD 21228
Phone 800 854 6951 410 869 4682 FAX 410869 4685
On line orders: www.dennisuniform.com
Scrip: Available through MSS
Annual Brochure with uniform pricing, products available from school office
School Code: 900155508
Phone 800 469 2222
On line orders: www.landsend.com/school
Scrip: Available online
Parents teach their children to show pride in their school by conforming to school standards regarding dress, personal appearance, and hygiene, jewelry, and hair styles as explained below:
- Students are well-groomed, maintain a neat appearance, and wear their school uniform with pride. Uniforms are in good repair and properly fitted, with shirts long enough to be neatly tucked in.
- Colored T-shirts, those containing lettering/graphics, or patterned camisoles are not worn under uniform shirts.
- Students are permitted to wear a watch, but no other bracelets, unless they are allergy, or health emergency bands
- Uniform shirts are tucked in except during PE class. Shirts remain tucked in departing from school and on the school bus.
- Jumpers, skirts, shirts, khaki pants/skorts/shorts, sweaters, and vests are purchased from DENNIS or Lands End only
- Mesh Gym Shorts may only be purchased via Lands’ End.
- Logo is not required for gym shorts or sweatpants, but they must be hunter/dark green. Gym sweatpants may still be purchased through Dennis or Lands' End.
- Lengths of girl’s jumpers or skorts are no shorter than 2 inches above the knee. Socks are 3-4 inches above the top of the shoe.
- Jackets and hats are not worn in the school building.
- Girls limit jewelry to one pair of stud or button earrings, one ring and a small necklace with medal or cross. Boys limit jewelry to one ring and a small necklace with a small medal or cross. Parents and staff guide students in selection of appropriate jewelry to wear with school uniform.
- Hair is neatly styled. Students and parents understand that fad haircuts, artificially dyed hair, highlighted hair, and radical style cuts do not complement the school uniform and are inappropriate for school.
- Boys keep a traditional boy’s haircut, trimmed above the ears, off collar, and above the eyebrows.
- Girls limit hair adornments to a simple ribbon, headband, or band to tie the hair. For safety and appearance, ribbons are short and do not hang down the back.
- Students do not wear make-up, use only clear polish for nails, and transparent lip balm.
- The school staff assists students in determining what is acceptable.