Grade 6 dived right into their science studies, conducting their first lab experiments in the opening days of the school year!
If you requested to receive a version of Tuesday News via email and you have not been receiving it, please visit the link below and sign up via the online form. The provider we use will not allow us to manually enter emails that have previously been unsubscribed. Also, be sure to add advancement@mothersetonschool to your email client’s contact list so the newsletter isn’t caught in a Spam filter.
Who will take home the Big Pig Prize this year?! Watch our Penny Power page to follow our progress towards our $7000 goal! We're raising money for coding robots for each grade level.
Our next HSA Meeting is Tuesday, October 8 at 6:30 PM. We NEED more active parents! Please join us and become involved in planning for our school year.
Grandparents Day - Fri, Sept 20th - 10-12p
Thank you to everyone who has agreed to donate goodies or volunteer their time for Grandparents Day. We can't have our fun traditions without you! There is still time (and need) for you to donate your time, talent, or treasure... Check out our Sign Up Genius!
Our HSA All You Can Eat Spaghetti Dinner will be held on Monday, October 21 from 5:00-7:30 PM at Rocky's, 205 Tippin Drive, Thurmont MD. Come feast with your MSS Family! Look for an official flier to come home soon!
- Please sign and return the back page of the Handbook acknowledging receipt by Sept 13th.
- If you child needs medication, you are REQUIRED to return a completed form signed by your doctor and medicine MUST be in its original container.
- Before School Care is available 7:00-8:00 a.m. Doors will not open until 8:00 a.m. Parents must sign their children into supervised care if they wish to drop their children off prior. After School Care is available daily 3:15-6:00 p.m.
Car Line RULES
- ¨Children MUST enter & exit vehicles on the CURBSIDE. This is for everyone’s safety.
- If you must assist your child or leave your car for any reason, PLEASE pull past the canopy or park in the lot. Show courtesy and respect to the other parents in the car line trying to quickly and safely drop-off their children.
- Do NOT speed around the circle. Be prepared to stop at a moment’s notice.
- Please do NOT use your cell phone while the car line is moving. This is for everyone’s safety!
Blessing of the Animals
All Creatures Great and Small are invited to attend our annual Blessing of the Animals, Oct 3rd at 1:30pm in the circle in front of school, in honor of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi. Pets must be leashed or otherwise restrained. You may begin to line up with your pets at 1:10pm. If you wish to take your child home after the service, please let us know in writing by September 30th.
Please note: pets may not ride the bus, nor may they stay in class all day.
New Addition to the Menu!
Students who wish to purchase a sandwich instead of an entrée now have the choice between Peanut Butter & Jelly ($1.00) or Ham & Cheese ($1.50).