- Every Friday through the end of the year, will be a noon dismissal with aftercare available.
- No School on Nov 25-27.
- Friday, December 18 will be Parent-Teacher Conferences via Zoom. There will be no instruction that day, either virtual or in-school.
- Monday, December 21, and Tuesday, December 22, will have no live instruction, either virtual or in-school. Students will not come into the building that day. HOWEVER, there will be assignments posted in Google Classrooms that will be due after the Christmas Break.
- Please continue to check the website and Tuesday news for any other Calendar updates.
Please click on the link to read the travel policy during this time of spiking COVID-19 rates. MSS will follow the mandates of the State of Maryland, which restricts travel to areas with a 7-day average of 20 cases per 100K people, as well as the Daughters of Charity's protocol to restrict travel to any state with 15K or more cases in the past 7 days, regardless of cases per 100K.
Any family who will be traveling to an affected area must inform Ms. Kilty and make arrangements for their students to switch to virtual learning during the mandated 14-day quarantine upon their return.
*If you reside in Pennsylvania, you may travel within a 25-mile radius of Emmitsburg without restriction. If you plan to travel to other areas of the state for more than 24 hours, you will be subject to the same quarantine mandate from the DOC.
- Arrival will take place from 8:00 AM - 8:45 AM. Dismissal will take place from 3:00 PM – 3:30 PM. Please refer to the map below for the drop-off/pick-up route and grade-specific locations.
- Students may wear their PE uniform every day or their regular school uniform on non-PE days. Students may NOT mix the two uniforms.
- The AOB Wellness Form must be completed each day before your child can enter the school. *Please Note: The form lists a threshold of 100.4 for temperatures, HOWEVER, MSS requires your student to have a temperature no higher than 100. If you child registers 100 or greater, you should answer YES to the temperature question and keep them home.
- We have contracted with TREYSTA Technology Management to assist us with any technical issues during remote learning. They will be on campus Mon-Fri. The technicians, Dan and Brandon, have been VIRTUS certified and background checks were completed.
It is important for your child to receive the very best educational experience and we are committed to providing that opportunity. The well-being of our students, faculty, and staff --physically, emotionally, and spiritually-- is at the top of our priorities as we reopen for school while this public health crisis continues.
In consultation with the Archdiocese of Baltimore and in seeking recommendations from public health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and our state and local health authorities, we are reopening Mother Seton School with certain conditions beginning September 8, 2020.
As of now, parents will have a choice between in-school instruction or remote synchronous learning. Thanks to the generosity of our benefactors, we were able to purchase and install the Zoom for Education Platform that will allow students learning at home to interact with in-school class instruction in real time. For parents who prefer in-school instruction, recommended and appropriate safety measures are in place, including the wearing of masks, social distancing measures, and enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the school and buses.
Circumstances will be evaluated and adjusted as we move forward. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Kilty.
Please refer to Ms. Kilty's letter for specific details. We look forward to being together once again!