It’s important to us to help all students achieve learning success. The Seton-LaCroce Learning Center is an instructional program that provides academic, social and consultative support. The student assistance process centers around a core team of trained educators (teachers, a student support advisor and the resource coordinator). The Learning Center team meets with administration on a regular basis to monitor student progress and address ongoing needs.
This group works together to identify students who require instructional support, assess those students' instructional needs, and then respond in a coordinated effort using academic support strategies and scientifically proven intervention programs.
True to the spirit of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton's first school in Emmitsburg, Mother Seton School operates and serves students through the Seton-LaCroce Learning Center at no additional cost to families.
LEARNING CENTER STAFF
Ann Beirne, Director and Reading Specialist
- B.A. Elementary Education and Social Sciences, University of Rhode Island
- M.S. Counseling Education, Western Maryland College
- Additional coursework in Differentiated Education, Reading, Writing Instruction completed at Trinity College and Maryland State Dept. of Education
- Maryland Certification (Advanced): Grades 1-8, Reading, Guidance Counseling
- 30 years of teaching experience, including elementary grades 3-5 and Middle School English
Alexis Burns, Elementary and Special Education Teacher
- B.A. Fine Arts, Mount St. Mary's University
- M.A.T. Special Education, Mount St. Mary's University
- 10 years of Special Education experience
Sister Patricia Dunne, D.C., School Support Liaison
- B.A. Mathematics, Marillac College, St. Louis, MO
- MSW, Loyola University, Chicago, IL
- ACSW Member
- 10 years of counseling at Catholic Charities, Nashville, TN
Seton-LaCroce Learning Center
Named in Honor of
Eugene and Julianne LaCroce