We LOVE Our Volunteers!
Mother Seton School encourages parents, grandparents, and others to contribute their time, talents, and treasures for the benefit of our students.
Ample volunteer opportunities exist through the school directly and through the Home and School Association (HSA).
5 Reasons to Get Involved
- Your Child Benefits. Research shows children whose parents are involved get better grades, do better on tests, and have fewer discipline problems at school.
- We Make a Difference. We provide support and resources to help teachers and administrations do their best work for our children. We help create learning opportunities and try to build the kind of supportive, caring atmosphere that makes school fun and keeps children engaged.
- We Have Fun. Volunteer work shouldn’t be drudgery. While we accomplish a lot and work hard on important matters, we try to enjoy ourselves along the way.
- There’s Much to Be Done. We have a great school. To keep improving and creating an even better environment for our children, we need all hands on deck.
- This Work is Very Rewarding. It’s seeing the bright light of learning sparkle in a child’s eye, or the smile that shows we’re making school a little more fun. It’s learning that tests scores have risen and knowing we played a role. The rewards are many.
Won’t You Join Us? Contact us today at 301-447-3161.
Policy for the Protection of Children and Youth
The Archdiocese of Baltimore is committed to providing a safe environment for children and youth. This commitment is expressed in policies for the protection of children and youth. Mother Seton School adheres to these policies, provides staff training, and collects required documentation of all persons who have substantial contact with children enrolled at Mother Seton School.
Parents and others who volunteer at Mother Seton School participate in training / screening with regard to child abuse and protection of children through their local parish or Mother Seton School. This training includes:
- Complete the Application for Volunteer Service
- Submit 3 required references
- Complete Criminal History Screening Consent Form
- Viewing and discussing Child Protection Video
Mother Seton School will accept Parish Screening Clearance. If being screened through your parish, a copy of the Volunteer Clearance card must be provided. Criminal History Screening is renewed every five years. Please contact our Front Office (301-447-3161) for more information and to sign up for the necessary training / screening.
Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
Maryland law requires that all educators and other school employees, including volunteers, report suspected child abuse or neglect to the proper authorities in order that children may be protected from harm and the family may be helped. Our school policy requires that all school staff report suspected abuse and neglect to the Department of Social Services, Protective Division, and/or the local police department.