How can I make a Planned Gift?
Although not exhaustive, the following is a list of the most common ways you can make a planned gift, most costing you nothing during your lifetime.
- Include Mother Seton School in your will or living trust
- Establish a gift annuity or charitable trust (We can help you!)
- Name Mother Seton School as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement plan
- Name Mother Seton School as a beneficiary of a charitable IRA rollover
- Donate appreciated stocks and bonds
Join the Mother Seton Society
What is the Mother Seton Society?
The Mother Seton Society is a group of our friends – those who through their vision and generosity seek to ensure that the highest quality of education will be available to future generations of Mother Seton School students. These friends support a tradition of Catholic education in Emmitsburg that began decades ago with the dreams and ideals of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton.
The Mother Seton Society recognizes all donors who have included Mother Seton School in their wills or estate plans. Through the Mother Seton Society, the school expresses its appreciation to those who have made a planned gift, of any amount, for the benefit of future students.
Benefits of Mother Seton Society Membership
- Recognized on the Mother Seton Society members plaque
- Recognized in our Annual Report
- Invited to special events including donor appreciation dinner
- Enrolled in yearly and special masses said at the National Shrine of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton
How do I become a member?
To enroll in the Mother Seton Society, please click on the button below to download a membership form. Return the completed form to Jennifer Buchheister at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to the address below. If you have already made a planned gift, and have not informed us of your wishes, please contact us at 301-447-3165 so that we may express our appreciation.
When designating a gift to Mother Seton School through life insurance, will or trust, IRA, etc., please use the following information when completing a beneficiary designation form:
Name: Mother Seton School
Address: 100 Creamery Road, Emmitsburg, MD 21727
MSS Federal Tax ID number: 52-1089607
As always, it is the responsibility of the donor to reference IRS guidelines and consult with your financial or tax advisor.
For more info, contact the Advancement Director at (301) 447-3165 or email@example.com.
The information above is provided as an informational service and does not constitute legal or tax advice. Consult your own legal or tax advisor before making any decision based on this information.